Sep 17, 2020, 11:44 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Season ten

Started by fibertek, Apr 21, 2015, 03:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fibertek

Come on now,  whos stoked for no more sector walls!  Beyond that though doesnt feel like a HUGE uodate..  Just a new rep and a coupke of queues. What are your all's opinions?  The sector space thing though..  Thats been a looooong time coming (having played this game for near five years now its worth the whole season on its own)

Isria

*raises her hand*  Me!  Totally excited to see the new wall-less sector maps.   :D

I'm not sure about the new missions or queues yet, but I can't wait to meet Paris.

fibertek

Yes!!  Forgot about the Paris bit thatll be awesome.

Tancred

I'm stoked about the end of sector walls.

Minus that, I'm looking forward to new episode content.

I personally find the goddamn magickyness of the Iconians freaking ridiculous.

fibertek

Quote from: Tancred on Apr 21, 2015, 04:27 am
I'm stoked about the end of sector walls.

Minus that, I'm looking forward to new episode content.

I personally find the goddamn magickyness of the Iconians freaking ridiculous.

Aye theyre very wizard-ey

eggowong

"But but, I like the walls!"

Seriously, it's great...no, awesome that there are no borders and one can simply fly from location to location without having to transition between maps. I'm actually eager to try out the race with this long needed enhancement. No more triggering slipstream and not getting the full 30/60 seconds of it because of the dang wall! :o

Isria

I forgot about Tour the Galaxy!  I'll have to check that out the next time I'm on ESD.  I've heard that here are new random encounters too.  A friend mentioned saving a pre-warp society from Elachi kidnappers.

eggowong

I saw that late last night too!  While slipstreaming to DS9 to continue the Cardassian Story Arc, I passed a random box in the middle of nowhere with a description about helping to stop Tholians from taking over a pre-warp civiliation. Cutting the drive, I back tracked to the point where the popup spawned and re-read the window and thought to myself, "Hey...this is new...? Never noticed this before..."

There were a bunch of rewards that caught my attention that now warrants further investigation :)  Nothing major, but useful rewards.

dodexahedron

fibertek

Quote from: eggowong on Apr 22, 2015, 05:30 am
I saw that late last night too!  While slipstreaming to DS9 to continue the Cardassian Story Arc, I passed a random box in the middle of nowhere with a description about helping to stop Tholians from taking over a pre-warp civiliation. Cutting the drive, I back tracked to the point where the popup spawned and re-read the window and thought to myself, "Hey...this is new...? Never noticed this before..."

There were a bunch of rewards that caught my attention that now warrants further investigation :)  Nothing major, but useful rewards.

Aye i love all the little encounters they added. Also it makes it super easy as a doffer to get stuff done, getting to expanses and nebulae is way easier i can hit a bunch quickly without rezoning lke before.

eggowong

Yep.  Although getting to a location clear across the map while being limited to Warp 9.97 feels even slower than the old walled sector block method.  Or maybe I've been too pampered by the Borg Subtranswarp and MACO engines :P

Still, I shouldn't be complaining...if it was a new player starting out and their chosen ship was capped at Warp 5 as the top speed...OMG :O

Isria

Quote from: eggowong on Apr 23, 2015, 08:36 amStill, I shouldn't be complaining...if it was a new player starting out and their chosen ship was capped at Warp 5 as the top speed...OMG :O

I'm just glad that I finished the Nimbus III missions with Kirsi before the sector map changes.  Have you noticed how freakin' far that place is from New Romulus?!   :o

fibertek

Quote from: Isria on Apr 23, 2015, 08:48 am
Quote from: eggowong on Apr 23, 2015, 08:36 amStill, I shouldn't be complaining...if it was a new player starting out and their chosen ship was capped at Warp 5 as the top speed...OMG :O

I'm just glad that I finished the Nimbus III missions with Kirsi before the sector map changes.  Have you noticed how freakin' far that place is from New Romulus?!   :o

Lol yea a lot of stuff got moved around..  But then theres stuff like the eridon nebula and btran not being in the middle of nowhere now love that

eggowong

Regardless, the new layout looks awesome.  The new scaling is the neatest part; now it actually feels like you're a tiny speck in the vastness of space.  Last night, while starting "Tear of the Prophet", I sat outside Cardassia Prime for a few minutes marveling at the giant star at the center of the system.  I even caught what I thought was a solar flare which was really cool  8)

Minonian

Yeah the new look is awesome. :)