Dec 01, 2020, 06:36 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Console stacking

Started by Kaput, May 09, 2015, 07:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaput

Do console benefits stack 100% or is there some formula for the second, third and subsequent?

For instance, if I take two of the following . . .
QuoteConsole - Engineering - Neutronium Alloy
Rare Ship Engineering Console
+18.8 Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating
+18.8 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating

. . . would I get the following protection?
+37.6 Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating
+37.6 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating

I've been wondering this and haven't found a solid answer in my searching.

TIA

Kaput

Thanks for the link :)

Mods, please remove this topic, as I did not word the original question properly.

Isria

You're welcome and if you don't mind, I'd like to keep this question and link here.  This is something that comes up quite often.   :)

Kaput

Due to my ignorance, I had not realized that each console stacks differently ( or so I'm assuming ).

The question I intended to ask wasn't about "damage resistance consoles" ( I just chose that particular console at random to use as an example ), but about the stacking of tactical consoles ( energy weps, kinetic weps ), science consoles ( graviton and particle gens, other engineering consoles,  etc . . .

If you're going to keep this thread, it should be retitled "damage resist console stacking" or similar, to ease confusion on those seeing it in search engines and coming here to find it's only about one type of console.

Isria

From what I've been able to find online, Tactical consoles do stack.  It's the resistances that have diminishing returns.  Maybe one of our DPSers can shed some light on the subject...

fibertek

Quote from: Isria on May 10, 2015, 08:15 am
From what I've been able to find online, Tactical consoles do stack.  It's the resistances that have diminishing returns.  Maybe one of our DPSers can shed some light on the subject...

At your service :)

So consoles dont stack diminishing returns per say.

Tac consoles add a flat percentage of base damage. If the base damage is 100 and you have four +35% phaser dmg consoles, you will end up with 240.it is calculated befire any buffs, traits, bonuses, etc.

Eng consoles are a little more complicated because of the formula used, but they perform in basically the same way, even though they appear to have diminishing returns, the actual value they add is usually less than what the console says.

Anything that is a flat number (+45 flow caps for example) will add exactly that, +45 to flow caps.